Monserate Winery is a new family winery that has a vision of delivering excellence and fun, with a focus on integrity and community. We are looking for an amazing team to grow with. A successful candidate is an approachable, educator that has an incredible work ethic, is detail-oriented and enjoys a fast-paced work environment. The Food Runner is a dedicated, team-player who is also responsible for ensuring the highest service standards and achieving revenue and membership goals, as well an excellent guest experience.
- Passion for the wine and hospitality industry.
- Must be 18 years of age for this position.
- Greet each guest in a friendly and polite manner.
- Responsible for keeping a neat and tidy workspace, that is organized and looks presentable for the guests point of view at all times.
- Responsible for keeping station well stocked with necessary items.
- Responsible for preparing tray of necessary table items, for each ticket, knowledge of the menu and which utensils and service ware goes with each menu item.
- Assist guests with glassware/chillers for bottles of wine purchased.
- Responsible for delivering prepared trays of service ware.
- Responsible for accurately delivering ordered menu items, and checking for any modifications on tickets.
- Enforces and implements ABC laws regarding monitoring drinking of minors under 21 years of age, when in doubt check ID’s.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Include the following non-inclusive list. Other duties may be assigned. Nothing in this job description reflects management’s right to assign or reassign duties to this job at any time. All duties are to be performed in compliance with Monserate Winery policies and procedures.
- Understand completely all policies, procedures, standards, specifications, guidelines, and training programs.
- Ensure that all guests feel welcome and are given responsive, friendly, and courteous service at all times by providing excellent guest service.
- Be knowledgeable of A.B.C. laws and guest compliance.
- Setting up and taking down of bar.
- Case carry-outs.
- Assist servers and cashiers.
- Bus tables.
- Supports the functionality of a clean and organized tasting room and outdoor dining area.
- Build rapport with guests in order to ensure guest retention
- Selling of wine club memberships, wine products, featured wines, and merchandise
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and/or walk for up to eight hours at a time; use hands to finger, wrists, arms, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be working in typical conditions of a tasting room to include hard flooring with uneven ground. May occasionally be exposed to wet floors. On the grounds, may encounter walking on grass, dirt, debris, uneven ground, vineyards, etc.
To apply, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org