Monserate Winery is a new family winery that has a vision of delivering excellence and fun with a focus on integrity and community. We are looking for an amazing team to grow with. The Cook is someone with previous commercial cooking experience. Someone who is a true team player in the kitchen but is also capable of working alone. Maintains established quality standards and can assist other employees. Is flexible and willing to perform any task to better the event service. Keeps calm under pressure and maintains positive attitude towards change.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensuring that all food meets the highest quality standards and is served on time.
- Executing the menu and the plating presentation for each dish.
- Stocktaking ingredients and equipment, and placing orders as needed.
- Practices best practices for safety and sanitation in the kitchen.
- Be in uniform when clocking in
- Maintains a clean sanitary work area
- Executes prep list during shift
- Reports any equipment malfunctions or failures
- Takes breaks a 30-minute unpaid break and two 10 minute paid breaks
- Strictly adhere to recipe specifications ensuring proper portion sizes and cooking methods are followed
- Maintains positive and professional atmosphere throughout the premises
- Adhere to established safety standards and assists in preventing accidents by being aware of hazardous situations
- Label and date all product before placing in walk-ins. Always follow FIFO principals
- Capable of packing for events to ensure product arrives safely
- Practices proper recycling procedures and kitchen energy management
- Responsible for proper closing and cleaning procedures
- Treats everyone with respect
- Performs other duties as directed, developed or assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience
Previous food experience, preferably in prep, line cooking, and/or food truck cooking. Knowledge of menus and food perpetrating techniques. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in written form.
Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardizations exist. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral diagram or scheduled form.
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations
A valid San Diego Country approved Food handlers Card
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use their hands, talk, or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required, to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job includes close vision, and color vision. May require lifting 25-50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are the representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job.
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org